Stealth Firewall...

How can I equip my firewall with -STEALTH- capabilities?

I know that TCP and UDP connections are done by
specific network demons or that inetd will startup
the necessary network demon. I'm also familiar
with tcpd within inetd.

But how can I get my Firewall (potato) too act
like there is no computer, i.e. does not
report to the outside:

$ telnet my_firewall
Trying 1.2.3.4...
$ _

but:

$ telnet my_firewall
Trying 1.2.3.4...

And just trying, so that there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER
that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address !!!

I want control over all the protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP and IGMP.
For example:
- how can I disable the inetd "Connection refused" stuff (TCP/UDP) ?
- how can I disableping (ICMP) ?
- etc.

Some elaborated info on the topic would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Onno