Kernel 2.0.38 binaries .deb??

I am running 2.0.38 on slink.  I downloaded the kernel
tarball and unpacked it in my /usr/src directory.  I
then renamed the resulting 'linux' directory to
'kernel-source-2.0.38' and created a symlink
'linux->kernel-source-2.0.38'.  I ran 'make
menuconfig' (but you might prefer make config or make
xconfig) and then used the debian kernel tool
'make-kpkg' to build my new kernel.  Then just use
dpkg -i custom-kernel to install the new kernel.  See
the man pages and the readme file for make-kpkg for
instructions on running the tool and for picking a
name for your custom kernel.  Use the epoch number
system or you might end up replacing your kernel with
an older one the next time you run dselect.

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....