Re: Creative Labs SoundBlaster AWE64 question

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Cliff Rice wrote:

[ snip ]

 : Thanks for the help.  I went and looked at the potato dist.  It has
 : the raplayer and such as well.  I need those as well.  So..... I'm
 : downloading the dist at present and will install it where I used
 : to have Redhat.  (Being new, don't want to mess up what passes
 : for a functional system. ) Hopefully potato isn't as bad as the
 : warnings in the README's and posts indicate. :)

It can be.  For stability, a better idea might be installing slink, then
use apt-get to install the potato packages you need/want (apt will flag
dependencies for you).  I've had a lot of luck with this method, and
I've been bitten good by potato when using dselect and letting it
install "New/Upgraded packages" when it wants to.

To be fair, I've had good luck overall with potato (this PC and my
laptop at work are potato systems).

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD