Re: Outlook doesn't send over linux dialup gateway

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 hypnotic@hypnotic-noise.dynip.com wrote:

> pop3 & sending mail from linux pc does all work.
> but i can't send from outlook express to the sendmail on the linux pc.
>
> Error Message :
>
> 	"Relaying denied"

you have to explicitly activate relaying for each domain or
run an open relay (relays for all incoming mail).

since it is much easier to administer, I advise you to use
exim as your MTA (it replaces sendmail).
install exim, exim-doc and read the section "control of
relaying" in /usr/doc/exim/spec.txt.gz"

--
 name:      Sebastian Stark
 email:    stark@komcept.de