re: Netscape Installation Problem "segmentation fault

I got binary distribution of Netscape Communicator 4.61 version for Linux 2.0,
export encription standard from ftp.netscape.com.
I installed it on my Debian 2.1 system. Everything seemed to be fine with
installation until I tried to run "./netscape".
The first problem I got was that netscape "can't load lib "libXt.so.6", so I set
the path variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH =/usr/X11R6/lib (that is where libXt.s0.6 file
is located). Then libXt.so.6 loading is fine but netscape could not find some
lib files such as "libm.so.5". So I reinstalled debian libc5 run-time library
module and copied them to /usr/X11R6/lib. Then the lib loading is fine.
I ran ./netscape again. then comes the another problem saying "28923
segmentation fault  ./netscape". I tried to solve it but could not go any
further.
Could someone help me on this problem and what I can do to fix it.
Thank you

Hi, Daniel,

i had the same problems, but V4.7 from a CD that came with a magazine.

So i went to the netscape homepage and downloaded the glibc Version.
That worked!

Alf