rpm package broken ?

I just did

 apt-get update
 apt-get install rpm
 rpm -i Device3Dfx-2.2-3.src.rpm

And got "rpm: error in loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.0.1: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Did a "locate libbz2.so", found nothing.  Did a search for packages
containing libbz2.so at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages.html, and
found nothing.

So how do I make it go ?

I have a 3DFX Voodoo3 graphics card, and 3DFX only maintains its X server
in RPMs.  I've made this work before using force, and I've recently had to
reinstall.

          Join the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm