Re: Winbond-based generic NICs

For what it's worth, I have been using a PCI NIC with a Winbond chip for
a few years with the driver compiled into my kernel (both the ne2k-pci
and before that was available the ISA ne2000 driver).  As I recall, it
was recognized without problems by the installation kernel (bo, I
think), which loaded it as a module.

Bob