Re: Help!!! - Potato upgrade using dselect trashed computer...

Ben,

Out of despration, I tried the lines below instead of the ones you gave me.

Lines you had me use:
auth     required       pam_unix_auth.so
account  required       pam_unix_acct.so
password required       pam_unix_passwd.so
session  required       pam_unix_session.so

Lines taken from the other.dpkg-dist

> auth     required       pam_unix.so
> account  required       pam_unix.so
> password required       pam_unix.so
> session  required       pam_unix.so

I can now login under a virtual terminal so I am going to try rebooting to see if that clears
the xserver.  What does the difference between what you gave me and what seems to work?  Am I
missing some files?

Doug