Re: perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 07:28:46AM -0400, Colin Telmer wrote:
> I recently upgraded to the latest unstable distribution and now get the
> following error message:
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LANGUAGE = (unset),
>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>         LANG = "(null)"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
>
> Any idea how I fix this? Thanks in advance. Colin.

Hi,

I use the following in my ~/.bash_profile:

LESSCHARSET=latin1
LC_TYPE=iso-8859-1
LC_ALL=fr_FR
LANG=us

(and export them, of course :)

Which give me some messages in french, but keep all the rest
(and especially man pages) in english; you'll have to change
them to english kbd, etc...

It work with a slink install... don't know for unstable.

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 The disks are getting full; purge a file today.