Configuring X

Hi,
	Due to the advice of a few wise individuals, I continue to make
slow, but steady progress in getting Debian 2.1 installed on my IBM
390E laptop.  I am a newbie and am currently trying to get X Windows
running.  I have tried both xf86config and XF86Setup and still am having
problems.
	(A little background):  My video card is a NeoMagic 256AV with
2.5meg of memory.  My screen is capable of 1024 X 768 resolution at 60kHz.
	When I try to start X Windows, I get a fatal server error: "No
valid modes found".  Can anyone give me some advice regarding what to do
next?  Or, is there by any chance someone out there running Debian on an
IBM 390E that can give tell me how they have configured X?

Thanks,
Bryan Walton