Re: Looking for fetchmail program

Alexander P. Barkey (a.p.barkey@directbox.com) wrote:

> Now I'm looking for a way, to get my mail from my POP3 account to my server and send mail over my linux server to the POP3 account...

Strangely enough, the "fetchmail" program you're asking for is called
"fetchmail".  There's a Debian package with that name as well.

To send, just use a normal MTA (exim, sendmail, qmail, smail, ...).

I use qmail+fetchmail+mutt+vim for everything.

> Is there any way to do this? with automatically dialing if needed (and only then)...

You can dial as needed with the diald package, or in a couple of other
ways.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@kellnet.com             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,