Re: Help!!! - Potato upgrade using dselect trashed computer...

Ben,

I could not find pam-apps at all using dselect.  While I was there, I removed all obsolete packages
(there were several, and this did not have any other affects).  dselect did want to install several
other packages but this did not help either.

I am not sure why my system ended up with shadow passwords and such.  Prior to this problem, I was
running potato fine without it and dselect seemed to decide on its own to install these extra
packages.  Is there a way to get back to where I was?

Doug