Re: Need help for x window

-----------<JEFF>
Hi Brant. It is a Micron model M14FG. It says on back: 115/230V/1A, 60/50hz. I have tried manually entering 60 for the horiz and 50 for the vert. I have tried selections that were preconfigured at 60 and 50. I feel like I have tried most of the combinations listed. I know the info on my vid card so I do not think that is the issue. One question I have is during the install of debian, the install screen was at first in full color, as if it was in some kind of window, doesn't that indicate that the program has some basic settings that would work for my monitor? I'm wondering if I should go with another distribution.

I'm not sure if its a Debian problem or what... I'm going to be trying Mandrake on my IBM 360 I've been posting about... In the mean time, I'll see if I can dig up some specs on that monitor.

It could be an XF86 compatibility problem... That's what I'm looking at now....

L8r,

Brant Wells
(dafyre@hotmail.com)

"This tagline is shareware... to register, please send $25 to e-mail address above..."