Is it possible to get libc6 >= 2.1 to run on slink? How/Where?

Hello,

I'm not up to speed on libc6 at all.  From what I can gather it
is not just a regular package.  I thought I had a HOWTO on this,
but it turned out to be a libc5->libc6 "upgrade" document.

A while back I tried to get enlightenment-conf up, and I believe
it needed libc6 >= 2.1 or some dependency did.  In any case I've
tried to find a newer libc6 with no luck.

Last night I tried to get XF86 3.3.5.1 up, but it mentioned libc6
= 2.1 also.  I also got the "frame_register_buffer" (?) error
which may or may not be related.  I'm glad I backed up /usr/X11R6
as suggested (in bold) in the install docs!

In any case I would be love a pointer to some info on libc6, I'm
very confused.  Or a note stating that 2.1 is not possible on slink
if applicable.

Thanks and Happy Linuxing to all,

John