Re: Kernel panic VFS ...

At 01:54 AM 10/22/99 +0200, Jocke wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I did something stupid today :(
>While recompiling my kernel to add scsi support for my cdrw I accidently
>forgot some ide stuff and now I can't boot.

If you want to change something important like a...*hmmm*
a kernel or something ALWAYS make lilo PROMPT
you for a kernel! So you can ALWAYS boot the OLD one
and TEST the new one. Also make always a custom boot
flop when you install Debian (it is an installation option ;-)
These two precautions can make your life a whole lot easier.

For your problem you can use the standard rescue flop.
Mount your HD and repair your mistake...

Onno