Re: xemacs21 and auctex

Ingo Reimann <reimann@convert.uni-muenster.de> writes:

> i got some problem with xemacs when upgrading from 20 to 21. How do i
> activate auctex? There seems to be some trick, that i can't figure out.
> The needed files are there...

In your .emacs you should insert at least:

    (require 'tex-site)

I like to use the "TeX-master" local variables:

    (setq TeX-auto-save t) 	      ; Enable parse on save
    (setq TeX-parse-self t)       ; Enable parse on load
    (setq-default TeX-master nil) ; Query for master file

and BIBTeX and refTeX (for \cite and \ref usage) support:

    (autoload 'turn-on-bib-cite "bib-cite") ; BIBTeX-support
    (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-bib-cite)
    (setq bib-switch-to-buffer-function 'switch-to-buffer-other-window)

    (autoload 'reftex-mode    "reftex" "RefTeX Minor Mode" t)
    (autoload 'turn-on-reftex "reftex" "RefTeX Minor Mode" nil)
    (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
    (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)

If you use the ispell checker (I seldomly do):

    (setq ispell-dictionary "deutsch8")

All that didn't change from xemacs20 to 21. You can read about these
customizations in xemacs' info help system.

Greetings,
joachim