Re: How to Cc: mailing list with mutt

Michael Stenner (mstenner@phy.duke.edu) wrote:

> Let me get this straight: Some person (Joe) writes to a list and you
> get the mail.  You hit "g" and Joe is not listed as a recipient?
>
> That might be some funky "reply-to" stuff that I haven't run
> into. Sorry.

The Mail-Followup-To: header seems to have this effect.  Dwayne has this
on his message; so, for example, when I hit 'g' on these two messages,
the resulting To: header just had Dwayne and debian-user (the contents
of his Mail-Followup-To:) in it, and not you (Michael).  So I manually
removed Dwayne's address and just left debian-user.

Does anyone know how to make mutt override the Mail-Followup-To:
header? :-(

Dwayne C . Litzenberger (dlitz@cheerful.com) wrote:

> > Let me get this straight: Some person (Joe) writes to a list and you
> > get the mail.  You hit "g" and Joe is not listed as a recipient?
>
> Yep, and I am unstead.  (And I don't think metoo is even set, either)

If you're being listed as a recipient without setting "metoo", it's
probably because mutt doesn't know your e-mail address.  Set the
"alternates" variable to contain all of your e-mail addresses.  Mine,
for instance, is:

  set alternates="^(gwooledge@onenet-ici\.com|wooledge@kellnet\.com|greg@dwarf\.local|greg@jekyll\.local)$"

(Those 4 addresses are all the possible addresses which end up in my
mailbox on my home system.  Of course the last two won't work for anyone
on the Internet -- they're just for my LAN.)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@kellnet.com             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,