Re: Good News Reader?

Thursday, October 21, 1999, 3:31:45 PM, Brian wrote:
> I stand corrected. Are there any sample macros, perhaps with the
> Debian version of slrn?

    I got it from the newsreader's newsgroup.  There is a SLANG macro for
checking signatures and then a SLANG wrapper around the editor for making
them.  I'm not at home or I could toss it your way.

>> > - no way to flag messages as important.

>>     Untrue, scoring.

> Can you do this interactively? ie without exiting slrn to edit a text
> config file?

    Somewhat, you can add scores and rescore from within SLRN.

> It is not possible to have "q" mean one thing while displaying the
> message index full screen and another while displaying a message. At
> least not that I could tell. I could be wrong.

    *shrug*  I just got used to the SLRN bindings.  I use mutt and slrn as
well, just not as extensively as it sounds like you use mutt.