glibc questions in slink: crypt, linux threads

As I understand, Debian slink comes with MD5 crypt because of export
restrictions. I want to have a real crypt so I went to a german ftp
server, found glibc 2.0.7 source and I downloaded it. Of course the real
crypt is in a separate tar file.  I downloaded that too and unpacked it
in the glibc source tree I read the faq as far as compiling glibc and
it said to do a configure like

./configure --enable-add-ons=crypt,linuxthreads

What I am wondering is, is glibc on slink compiled
with linux threads? It seems as if there are issues either
way and that I probably ought to go with it if it was
compiled with it or vice a versa if it wasn't.

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/glibc/2.0.7pre6

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/