ssh stopped working today

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!

This morning when I tried to use ssh to log into my debian firewall from
the private network I get no response. But I can telnet to my isp's server
and then ssh back into the debian firewall from there with no problem.

I have been ssh'ing into the firewall from the private network for months
with no problem. What could have changed? I have changed no settings, and
there is no evidence of a break-in (that I can see).

It seems strange that I can log in from the public side of the firewall,
but not the private side. What could have changed?

-Ben Messigner

This mail was sent from a 100% Microsoft-free (aka GPF-free) environment.
Have a stable day. Use Linux.