Re: What does Quality mean?

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 12:16:44 +0200, Debian Mail wrote:
> When I do a lookup of Debian packages on debian.org, I get answers like:
>
>    Release  Quality Package (size)
>    stable 100% libc6-doc 2.0.7.19981211-5   (0.7k)
>      Dummy package to ease upgrades from earlier Debian versions.
>
> What does this Quality stand for?

You're not actually doing a lookup; you're doing a search. The Quality is an
estimate of the applicability of the search result, similar to the "score"s
on which web search engines sort.

HTH,
Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch