Re: I goofed: No floppy module

> When installing Slink today, I must have neglected the floppy module,
> because now I cannot use /dev/fd0. (Was the module even listed in the
> block devices?) That means I couldn't make a boot floppy.
>
> What I've been doing is booting off of CDROM1 and typing rescue
> root=/dev/hda5 at the boot: prompt. It works
>
> I unloaded the kernel source file, and have a floppy.c on my disk, but
> how can I turn that into a loadable module?
>
> Do I have to go and recompile the who kernel just beause of this small
> mistake?

The floppy module should exist anyway, just not being autoloaded like it
should.  Look for a file called floppy.o in /lib/modules/2.0.36/block/.

To get the file to load at boot time, place a line with the text 'floppy'
in /etc/modules.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein