I goofed: No floppy module

When installing Slink today, I must have neglected the floppy module, because now I cannot use /dev/fd0. (Was the module even listed in the block devices?) That means I couldn't make a boot floppy.

What I've been doing is booting off of CDROM1 and typing rescue root=/dev/hda5 at the boot: prompt. It works

I unloaded the kernel source file, and have a floppy.c on my disk, but how can I turn that into a loadable module?

Do I have to go and recompile the who kernel just beause of this small mistake?

Thanks,
Dave