implications in removing portmap

We were trying to figure out what the 'webster' service that was running on
my samba server, and came to the conclusion that that it was somehow
connected with rpc and portmap. I'm not sure, but it doesn't look like we
need portmap. However, since we can't uninstall the package, we inserted an
'exit 0' at the front of the portmap script. Are we, through are ignorance,
creating some unknown problems?

Charles Lewis, Director of Administrative Computing
Southwestern Adventist University, Keene, TX
(817)556-4720  lewisc@swau.edu  FAX (360)397-7952