Parallel CDROM on an old PS/2 machine

I've made some custom Debian install disks (2.2 kernel, basically), that
has support for an EPAT parallel-port cdrom drive (HP CDRW-7200e).  When I
boot it at home, it works fine, and successfully detects the CD, but at
school, where I'm trying to install on an old IBM server (SCSI/MCA; it
came with a bunch of old PS/2 workstations, if that's a hint), it
refuses to detect it.  I've included pretty much every parallel and SCSI
driver, and all the MCA stuff I need, but the box simply won't find the
drive.

Trying to boot DOS and use DOS drivers for the CDROM locks up the box.

Anyone have experience?  Also, this might be in a man page (which one?),
but how do I set up a compiled-in token-ring driver for this?  I want to
mount an SMB share (of the Debian CDROM, as a last resort, if the
parallel drive won't work).

It sort of sucks, because this server (and workstations) do not have an
internet connection, so I can't telnet into my box to read docs as I think
of them, so does anyone have and past experience with this type of thing?

--
"I already have all the latest software."
     -- Laura Winslow, "Family Matters"

Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@cheerful.com

Advertising Policy: http://DLitzPower.tripod.com/spamoff.htm
GnuPG Public Key:   http://DLitzPower.tripod.com/gpgkey.asc
     Fingerprint:   0535 F7CF FF5F 8547 E5A5  695E 4456 FB6C BC39 A4B0