RE: dselect is killing me

At 10:41 PM 10/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Did you, by chance, re-compile your kernel?
>I assume not, but there is a kernel module for reading NLS Charset
>iso8859-1.  It should be automagically loaded for you.
>
>Let me know.
>
>Bryan

I did not recompile. I may have done something to hurt the kernel though I
don't know what. I messed around a little in root doing things like ls /*
just to list the files (It makes me feel like I'm doing something) Not much
seems to happen automagically in debian. I'ts like the difference between
manual and stick shift. Now if I could just keep from killing the engine.

Jeff