RE: SIOCADDRT

1) dmesg only covers kernel messages.  There are other messages
   that get printed to the screen when the system starts up that
   don't get shown by dmesg.  To see these, I just hold down
   <shift> and use <PAGE-UP> and <PAGE-DOWN> to scroll through
   the messages.  Probably not the most scientific approach, but
   it works for me.

2) As for SIOCADDRT:  your /etc/init.d/network (or is it networks)
   file has a line to add a route for local network traffic through
   the loopback interface.  As of Kernel 2.2.0, you need to have
   a netmask on that line.  Debian Slink is designed for 2.0.x
   kernels which don't really need this parameter.  I have mailed
   the maintainers about this problem.  Until this gets changed,
   change the line:
        route add -net 127.0.0.0
   to:
        route add -net 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 lo

Hope this helps,
        Bryan

----- End Included Message -----

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------