Re: Newbie Non-FAQ(I think) questions

Erich_Newell@ci.mesa.az.us wrote:
<snip>
> APPS and GAMES:
> -----------------------------
> Quake / QuakeWorld  -- I'm guessing that the Linux build for these works on
> the Debian distribution....Any pointers? (Debian specific FAQ's)
> Q3A
> VisualStudio6.0
> Word 6.0       -- I've been told that StarOffice is pretty good? (Pros /
> Cons please...)

I've had very good success with Word Perfect 8.  I've also seen
numerous positive reports about Star Office, though I personally
didn't like it.  Currently I use Latex to do reports and essays.

> Access
> Excel
> Photoshop 5.0

Gimp.

> LightWave5.5
> 3DSMax
> Director 6.0
> Palm Desktop
> RioShell 3.0

Check http://www.world.co.uk/sba/index.htm for apps dealing with MP3
players.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"