Alternative to fetchmail?

Hi all:

Fetchmail has been acting up on me. I've been using it for over a year
to fetch email from my ISP via pop3, running it as a daemon. On two
occasions it would just die off for now apparent reason, and need to
be restarted. But what's worth, on three occasions it would refuse to
retrieve a certain message (would crash while trying to do so; no
output with --debug option). In such cases, I had to get the messages
with mutt or smth similar, and then fetchail would agree to function
again.

Enough venting, though. What are alternatives to fetchmail to retrieve
email into local spool?

Thanks!
--
Arcady Genkin                                      http://wgaf.dyndns.org
  "You should seek your enemy, you should wage your war -- a war for your