Re: dwnld .deb files with Netsc

j way (ax948@lafn.org) wrote:

> Hi, my Win95 Netsc 4.61 expands crets to cret-lf when dwnld'g .deb
> files.  Anybody know how to discourage this?  Tnx.

First, make sure that you're really downloading them, not saving them
after having converted them to text.  Hold the Shift key when clicking
on a link to force Netscape to download.  You should see the dialog box
that lets you specify a filename....

Second, and more likely, you must make sure that the files are not being
modified during the transition from the Win95 system to the Linux system.
If you're mounting the Win95 partition locally onto a running Linux
system, this shouldn't be an issue.  If you're transferring the files
with FTP, make sure you're doing it in binary (image) mode.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@kellnet.com             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.