Re: atari800 package - README.Debian has bad web address for ROMS

John Miskinis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to get the "atari800" emulator working.  The ROMS
> are not in the package for legal reasons.  The link in the readme
> is bad, and although I found the "xf25.zip" elsewhere, the ROMs
> to not appear to work when I unpack them on WIN95, and move them
> to linux.  (Maybe there's a linux "unzip", I do not know). (?)
>                           ---------------
> In any case I wanted to point out the error in the package, and
> ask if anyone knows of where the ROMS can be obtained in TAR
> format.                -------------------------------------
>
> I believe the emulator itself works, as I can "reset" and see the
> memory test working.
>
> I had this running on Solaris many years ago, and it is cool that
> it comes with debian!

There is a zip package for Debian.

One source for the ROMs:
	http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~aaronat/atarirom.zip

Some important sites:
	   Software:  http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~aaronat/atari.html
	Source Code:  http://cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz/~stehlik/a800.htm
		(Note: debian package is a little out-of-date)

Follow the links, there are at least half a dozen sites about 8bit
Ataris.

--
Ed C.