Re: fetchmail VS. ?

*- On 14 Oct, Andrew Clark wrote about "Re: fetchmail VS. ?"

> Fetchmail does devliver to local var/spool/mail dirs.  On my machine I
> have in the ~/.fetchmailrc file:
>
> poll mail.dynamite.com.au proto pop3 user ajfclark there is andrew
> here
>
> Then when I run fetchmail, it asks for my password, grabs each mail
> and delivers it to andrwe@localhost, which sticks it in the mail
> spool.

Yes but this is using smtp and your mta to put it there.  The orginal
poster was looking for a method of skipping the smtp connection via the
mta.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.