Re: Trident 3dImage975 and X

Nathan Smith wrote:

>I have what I hope is a quick question.  I'm having trouble getting X to
>work using the SVGA server with my Trident 3DImage 975 Card.  The VGA 16
>server works fine, but as you can imagine looks slightly less beautiful
>than I would like.
>
>I'm using the X that came with Slink, although I upgraded to potato and
>tried the updated X Windows there with similar results.  So now I'm back
>to Slink.  I've read the README files and can find nothing there to help
>me.
>
>The quick question is:  Has anyone run into this or a similar problem and
>fixed it.  If not, then here's the output:

Support for this card seems to have been comprehensively broken in recent X
releases (starting with 3.3.4). I've only used it on a potato system so I
can't say anything about earlier releases. I currently have it working quite
well with the 3.3.5 SVGA server, but only in 16bpp and with acceleration
turned off (Option "noaccel" in Section "Device" in XF86Config).

Frank