Re: kernel 2.2.10 patch to UDMA66 ?

i read in the kernel mailing list that UDMA66 isn't possible in the linux
kernel yet.  even with a patch its bound to cause lockups.

http://kt.linuxcare.com/kt19990927_36.html#12

"You can not currently use the second ATA-66 channel under Linux. Unless
you have a rabbit in the hat to register/service/handle the interrupt
assignment to pin B for the second channel, it will lockup regardless. The
interrupt is not serviced correctly. This will be on all mainboards that
have native onboard support."

      Linux System Administrator           http://www.firetrail.com/