Re: can't remove mgetty-fax

<debuser@platinum.globe-mart.com> writes:

> Removing mgetty-fax ...
> Stopping Fax Queue Daemon: dpkg: error processing mgetty-fax (--remove):
>  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
> Fax Queue Daemon not yet configured. Edit /etc/mgetty/faxrunqd.config to
> fix.
>  mgetty-fax
>
> Is this package broken?  I'm using potato.  How can I remove this package
> now? There is no /etc/mgetty/faxrunqd.config file to edit.

I'd first file a bug report (install the 'reportbug' package to make that
easy), because that's what this sounds like.

Then I'd edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/mgetty-fax.prerm and see if I can
prevent it from failing (post that file here if you need help) just
enough to be able to successfully remove the package.