Re: http://www.debian.org/contact

*- On 14 Oct, Miles Bader wrote about "Re: http://www.debian.org/contact";
> peter karlsson <pk@mds.mdh.se> writes:
>> I was thinking about filing a wishlist bug report against that, but just
>> haven't gotten around to do that...
>
> It would be great if you could do that...  but if you don't have the
> time, maybe I could do it, since I'm the one that's bitching; how does
> one do this?

Install the 'bug' package and any depenencies: 'apt-get install bug'

Then just run the command 'bug' as a regular user. It will ask you for a
short description, i.e the subject and then open up your editor($EDITOR)
and give you a template file to edit and fill in some information for
the maintainer. If you want to set the Severity to wishlist then when
your editor pops up add

Severity: wishlist

just under the other fields that are at the top of the file.  This will
all make since once you see what I am describing.

Or you can go to http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting and read the
instructions for doing it manually via email.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.