Re: http://www.debian.org/contact

peter karlsson <pk@mds.mdh.se> writes:
> > Is there some secret mode in console-apt that makes it tell you what
> > *other* packages it's going to upgrade or remove as a result of
> > upgrading a particular package (because they're dependencies, or
> > conflicts), like dselect does?
>
> I don't think so.

I was afraid that was the answer...unfortunately console-apt simply
isn't a sufficient replacement for dselect without this feature (in some
form or another; maybe it could be less whizzy than dselect's, but it's
gotta be there).

> I was thinking about filing a wishlist bug report against that, but just
> haven't gotten around to do that...

It would be great if you could do that...  but if you don't have the
time, maybe I could do it, since I'm the one that's bitching; how does
one do this?

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche