Re: Pent. III

>> Is there any possibility of problems that would
>>arise if Linux is
>> installed on Intel Pentium IIIs?

>I haven't found any yet I have a potato/slink system
>running on a PIII
>450 with 256M RAM (kernel 2.2.12) and its very smooth
>and stable
>
>Its runs samba, apache with mod_include, mod_jserv
and >mod_php, proftpd
>and netatalk as its main tasks.

I have a PIII-500 cpu on a tyan s1830 mb that seems
quite stable.  Only problem I've had so far is that
the built in USB HW dosen't seem to work under windows
98, I havn't tried the USB drivers under linux 2.2.x
yet.  (That would be a suprise if Linux handled the
usb hw fine and windows didn't!)

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze