Re: Need help setting up printer

hi ya..

is the dj and lpd directory owned by lp and writable by group ??

and I'd guess you should make /dev/lp a symlink to /dev/lp0 if
your printer is connected to the parallel port

-->> erase your /dev/lp as you have show below  -- it is NOT a char device )
-->> also  change your printcap stanza from:
	   lp=/dev/lp
	change it to
	   lp=/dev/lp0

what does it say when you do:
	root# ps auxw | grep lpd
	root# lpc status

have fun
alvin

> Hello.
>
> I purchased a HP 812C printer yesterday and I've been trying to get it to
> work with Potato, but have had no luck.
>
> I've already read the Linux printer how-to and have done the following:
>
> In /etc/printcap i've written
>
> #LOCAL djet812C
> lp|dj|deskjet:\
>        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/dj:\