Re: http://www.debian.org/contact

Ben Lutgens <blutgens@mosquitonet.com> writes:
> Yes, what with apt, console-apt I rarely need to use dselect. Even though I
> have no problem using it.

Is there some secret mode in console-apt that makes it tell you what
*other* packages it's going to upgrade or remove as a result of
upgrading a particular package (because they're dependencies, or
conflicts), like dselect does?

I find the default behavior (just doing things behind your back) way too
dangerous to be useful.

[I realize that it highlights them in the package list, but it does so
silently, and it's rather hard to notice such changes in the very very
long list of packages...]

Also, is there any concept of `hold', since the help screen doesn't say.

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche