Re: Weird SO5.1 problem

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Ed Cogburn wrote:

> Robert Rati wrote:
> >
> > I've been stumped on why SO5.1 hasn't been working on my machine and on a
> > whim, I did a ps aux | grep soffice while it was loaded.  What I found was
> > over 10 instances of soffice.bin running.  When SO quits, those all die.
> > Is this Star Office's normal behavior?  It seems kinda odd to me that that
> > many soffice.bin programs would be open at once.
>

> 	Yes, that appears normal.  As the other poster said, I also have 7
> instances of soffice.bin running.  What exactly isn't working?

Well, star office isn't working.  When I load it, I get an "unrecoverable
error" about 5-10 seconds after I load it and it quits.  I have no idea
what has caused this or how to fix it.  The Star Office site hasn't been
much help in figuring this out.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu   1999-00 |
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O
ICQ# 2325055                        |       L    I  N NN  U U   X
                                    |       LLL  I  N  N  UUU  X X  O
"Shackles cannot keep me bound      |          Those who can, do.
 forever.  I'm outta here."         |