Re: latest version of kernel package is broken in potato

David Natkins wrote:

> "Stephen R. Gore" wrote:
>
> > Hrmm.. I updated last night also (from http.us.debian.org).  My version is
> > now 6.26. I just built a test kernel_image and then ran 'make-kpkg clean'.
> > No problems here...
> Thanks for the response Steve, but you ran the make-kpkg clean after
>                                                                ^^^^^
> you built your kernel.  Following the readme shipped in /usr/doc/ for
> kernel package, I ran the make-kpkg clean first and that's when I got
> errors. I'll try it your way tonight when I get to my machine.

You're quite correct.  I had to build first to check, since I had cleaned
after the last build.  Running make-kpkg clean again in a cleaned source
tree seems not to make no difference though..

*shrug*  Not sure why that should make a difference.

--
Regards,
Steve

Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 Reboots are for kernel and hardware upgrades.