RE: OT - How to save real audio files?

On 12-Oct-99 Ted Harding wrote:
> On 12-Oct-99 Cyrus Patel wrote:
>> Also, is there a way to convert .rm files to wav?
>
> I don't know the answer to that (and I wish I did).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Ted.

Which reminds me -- I have a related query of my own.

If you want to try the files I'm talking about, get

   http://216.231.54.128/tmvl/ra/vv/sergen01.ra, /sergen02.ra, ...
        /sergen21.ra

(Netscape will automatically download these to your local drive, if
you get them as above).

These are a series of readings, each of one Turkish poem with background
music. When you listen to them in sequence, you realise that they are
a dissection of what must originally have been a continuous performance
lasting about 45 minutes (the clue is in the music).

What I would like to be able to do is to join them back together again,
so as to have one big file which would recreate (possible with audible
joins) the original continuous performance.

So my question is: does anyone know how to glue two or more RealAudio
files together into one big file?

Simply concatenating them does not work: RealPlayer plays the first
section, then whereas its "clock" shows it working through the remainder
you hear no sound.

With thanks,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>