Re: Netscape and its cache

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 12:35:04PM +0200, Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:
> When  I tried to use wwwoffle the only thing I noticed was a continuous
> stream of errors:
> Error writing to client [Broken pipe]; client disconnected?.
> Oct 12 12:33:33 duckman wwwoffles[24568]: Timed out reading the reply.
> Oct 12 12:33:39 duckman wwwoffles[24576]: Error writing to client [Broken
> pipe]; client disconnected?.
>
> and netscape is not showing any pages most of the time
>
> How do I configure this beast? If it just worked, it would be very nice...
>
> Wouter

I've seen that before, it can come either from a bad /etc/wwwoffle.conf,
or, more probably, from a closed door in the firewall (I've got the
same error when a site try to load something from doubleclick.net, which
I explicitely forbidden in the firewall)

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 You had mail, but the super-user read it, and deleted it!