Re: dselect has gotten hungry

This is a known problem with menu, which has since been fixed.
There is a thread called "VERY Strange Problem since last update"
which contains the particulars.  If it's not in the archives yet, there should
be some info in the bug reports also.

Todd

I have noticed this also, using apt-get.  I think it is dpkg calling
update-menus in the background.  If you run a top while the machine is
thrashing the #1 slot is usually a window manager.

I just tried to check to see if this is a known bug and IE locked up
the winbox I'm telnetted in from.  Kind of puts things in perspective.

Rob