Re: dselect has gotten hungry

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 02:57:54PM -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> lately I have the feeling that dselect has gotten more resource hungry.
> After having retrieved packages CPU usage goes up to 100% for a "long
> time" while dselect prepares install. It also races up and down a lot
> while packages are being installed, and has a lot of lasting peaks at
> 100% while this is going on also. It wasn't like this before. What
> happened?
>
> I am running potato btw.

I have noticed this also, using apt-get.  I think it is dpkg calling
update-menus in the background.  If you run a top while the machine is
thrashing the #1 slot is usually a window manager.

I just tried to check to see if this is a known bug and IE locked up
the winbox I'm telnetted in from.  Kind of puts things in perspective.

Rob

--
All the simple programs have been written.