Re: Smail rewrite From address

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Steve George wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I currently use a Debian machine as my main machine at work but am having a
> problem with mail.  The problem is that I need the from address to be
> steveg@domain .com but smail keeps making the From address
> steve@subdomain.domain.com.  Because we have a firewall (and for some other
> weird reasons) I am not allowed to use th subdomain part.  So is there any
> way I can rewrite the From address on all outoing mail (or just the stuff from
> my account) so that it is steveg@domain.com.
>
> Any pointers to info along these lines would be great - atm I've had to giveup
> mutt for Netscape mailer :-(

If there is nothing against using exim instead of smail, this problem is
quit easyli solved with exim. have a look at the bottom  lines of the file
/etc/exim.conf

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key: finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de