Re: simple exim question

    EGM>  Why don't you just use the mail command?  For instance:
    EGM> /sbin/route | mail -s /sbin/route root@localhost --

Ahem, there is no such command on my system. I only have exim installed as
my MTA and was wondering why there was no mail command installed. Here are
all the packages with "mail" in their names that are currently installed on
my system:

rc  af              2.0-4          An Emacs-like mail reader and composer.
ii  asmail          0.51-1         AfterStep mail monitor
ii  biff            0.10-1         a mail notification tool
ii  compface        1989.11.11-17. Compress/decompress images for mailheaders,
rc  elm-me+         2.4pl25ME+48-2 MIME & PGP-aware interactive mail reader [en
ii  libcompfaceg1   1989.11.11-17. Compress/decompress images for mailheaders,
ii  libcompfaceg1-d 1989.11.11-17. Compress/decompress images for mailheaders,
rc  mailx           8.1.1-10       A simple mail user agent.
ii  metamail        2.7-31         An implementation of MIME.
ii  mime-support    3.5-1          MIME files 'mime.types' & 'mailcap', and sup
ii  procmail        3.13.1-2       Versatile e-mail processor.
ii  sortmail        19910421-4     a simple mail sorter
ii  tkmail          4.0beta9-4     An X windows interface to mail.
ii  wmmail          0.59-4         A mail notification program designed for Win
ii  xbuffy          3.3.bl.3-8     Monitor mailboxes and/or newsgroups
ii  xmailbox        2.5-7          A version of xbiff with animation and sound
ii  xmailtool       3.1.2b-1.3     The good old BSD style mail reader

So, what package(s) should I install to get the mail command ? I currently
only have exim and its dependancies installed. If I sound clueless about
mail systems, it is because I use a POP client to read my email from a POP
server.

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed