Knews Question

I have a dialup PPP provider.  Everytime I open up Knews it wants to go to my provider and retrieve the entire news
file (or at least I guess this is what it does).  I already have a .newsrc-new1.ibm.net file in my home directory that
Netscape and GNUS uses.  Is there a way to have Knews use this file instead of going to the ISP?  I looked in the
documentation and it mentioned 'knewsd' but I am not certain if this is necessary and I am also not certain how to use
'knewsd' either.

Lance