Can't print to remote printer

I'm stumped.

I'm trying to print to a remote printer (don't have a local one), and
everything looks right according to the howtos &tc. Here's my printcap:

# REMOTE HP4
lp|hp4:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp4-raw:\
        :rm=1<the ip address of my printer>:\
        :rp=<the name of my printer as it shows on the printer's
configuration printout>:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :sh:

And the contents of /var/spool/lpd:

drwx------   2 daemon   lp           1024 Oct  8 10:00 hp4-raw
drwx------   2 daemon   lp           1024 Oct  4 15:52 hplj4000n
drwx------   2 daemon   lp           1024 Sep 22 17:55 lp

This shows up in a "ps ax" command:

  177 ?        S      0:00 lpd Waiting

The results of a "lpc printcap":

Printer: lp@westek
lp|hp4
 :lp=/dev/null
 :rm=150.252.128.29
 :rp=npic82f19
 :sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp4-raw
 :sh

Someone had mentioned that there was a bug in lprng, but according to
apt-get, I've got the most recent version (3.6.10). Here's my
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://www.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

I can print to the printer from my NT-in-VMWare via an NT print server
down the hall, but I can't print via that NT print server from my linux
box, so I am trying printing directly it as above, but that doesn't work
either.

I can "rm *" all the files from /var/spool/lpd/hp4-raw, then do a "lp
/etc/printcap", then here's the contents of /var/spool/lpd/hp4-raw:

-rw-------   1 daemon   lp              6 Oct  8 10:36 lp
-rw-------   1 daemon   lp              6 Oct  8 10:36 unspooler.lp

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!